WHY DID I FALL IN LOVE WITH A STRANGER?

Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2011 by RoNRoNTuRoN in
9


Humans are by nature insatiable. The thirst for a higher stand is innate in our genes. We tend to strive for more than what we currently have. We want a step higher than what we once thought was the highest. Material or immaterial it may be, others say that there is something greater to look forward to, or to at least to replace the current with.

However, at this point in my life, I find inner peace. I find the solemnity of contentment I so longed for in the past 26 years.

Never have I learned to let go of my past this way. Neither did I feel much joy that can never be replaced with any material richness the world has to offer. My quest for my present has been rocky and wiggly, but I can now say that the quest was worth it. The long path of stumbles, defeat, emotional instability and heart-tormenting brouhahas that once seemed endless has finally ended. And here I am, breathing the fresh air of tomorrow below the blue sky that seemed surreal yesterday.

I had no regrets on my past mistakes. I realized that what we think as wrong at the moment may just be something greater in disguise – like a flock of angels in their layman’s clothes. These mistakes once brought me down to my knees. To their disappointment, I managed to stand.

The series of the unfortunate events in my life fortunately gave me someone I was waiting for in my life. I’ve waited six months to meet him in person. Those months, days and nights of infinite waiting were not easy. There were moments I thought I was losing my mind, realizing that there is still a chance of this being a dream, or maybe a reality that would soon wake me up and will make me dream again once more. I endured all those days. The emotional torment was the hardest of all. I risked everything for this special person that offered me his hand when my face was still on the ground.

Different thoughts ran into my cortex while I was trimming the days. How is this even possible? Will he hurt me the same way my past relationships did? Is he really true to his words that he is willing to wait? And what kind of fool am I hoping that out of a million bloggers out there, one person, this one person, gambled his heart and fell in love with a person he has not seen before? Someone who’s  a thousand miles away from his arms.

At first, I thought it was impossible. But as days progressed, I soon found my comfort in him. I saw some light in the dark. Suddenly, all the pieces of me were falling into the right place. He gave me hope after all my hope was nearly gone. The months turned into weeks and days. And days turned to hours. And hours turned to minutes.

That moment I came as a surprise in his office was magical. It was priceless. He had no idea that I’d be showing up during his afternoon break. My world stopped when I saw how he blushed as our eyes met. Those chinito eyes… in front of me. Every raindrop that touched my integument was perfect. That rainy afternoon was a shower of love as if the heavens rejoiced for the two of us. Then the days and nights we spent together after that are all history.

I tried to answer the question his friends and mine bombarded me all the time. Why him? How’d I know it’s him? I always tried to find the perfect answer, but I can’t. Then I asked myself, bakit nga ba siya?

Ever since I met this guy, I longed for nothing but him. I asked nothing but his joy and happiness. It was a divine selflessness. Everyone has their own purpose, and he made me discover that part of my mission in this life is loving him and making him happy. As stereotypical as it may sound, I can truly say that I could not ask for more. I am not an adolescent anymore or a pubescent boy experimenting on the world. I have my sets of past experiences which created my ultimate set of principles in my life. I’m done with playing. I’m done with the trial-and-error period. I see the world in a different paradigm now. And I see my world in him. That contentment, an inner feeling of peace that only I can understand and feel would answer my question on why I fell in love with a stranger.

November 23, 2011. Boracay. I was ready for him. I offered him my pledge of forever, and asked him for his pledge. Thank you dad for saying yes. Yes, I really want to marry you. We sat and kissed together on the beach, savoring the perfect scenery of the serene sunset. We both laid on the sand and watched the stars above. A shooting star so bright crossed the night sky. We made our wishes privately. Mine was for us, for forever.





9 comments:

  1. Nate says:

    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! super kilig... eeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

  1. nice Ronron! ^_^ congrats!

  1. awww kakakilig! congrats!

  1. Guyrony says:

    Melted cheese to the max!!!

  1. JC says:

    awww. happiness! :)

  1. ang sweet!kakilig!!!

    goodluck for both of you...

  1. Anonymous says:

    oh god! ang sweet naman! congrats! =)

  1. Gram Math says:

    best wishes to you both and congratulations!

  1. I'm really happy to say congratulations to both of you! Love conquers all, love triumphs above all else...