SECOND TIME AROUND

Posted: Monday, October 3, 2011 by RoNRoNTuRoN in
9


Once? Twice? Thrice? Gaano kadalas ang minsan?

I am not a fan of Pinoy oldie blockbusters but this particular line of Hilda Coronel on her 1982 film is a swiss knife for everyone. How many times did we make the same mistakes? How many times did we dream of a wonderland from the ruined past we tried to forget? How many times have we wronged ourselves thinking that people will change and yet the same horrifying event repeats itself.

There is no room for second chances.

Believe me. This is what I have learned from my past exes. Once trust is broken, never try to unshatter it again. As what Lady Gaga and Beyonce said and I quote: "Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken. But you can still see the crack in that mother fuck*ng reflection", one must understand that there are some irreversible damages in life never meant to be undone. I was once blinded by love, hoping that all will change the second time around. Flowers, butterfly promises and an apologetic plea blinded me on surrendering myself again to the person I thought was saying the truth. I was deceived, and yes, he was a good in doing drama roles. I commend him for that. He got me believing I was someone worthy of his change. Apparently, I am not.

All is not bad after all. I still have myself and the people who love me. And at the very least I learned my lesson. In a relationship, trust and honesty is primordial  and once it's lost, things will never be the same again. So this time, I am geared with the things I learned from my past: Never give any second chance. If I do, it will be as if I am giving him the permission to fool me again. Maybe before, I am weak, feeble, naive. But guess what, I am a a lot stronger now. And one does get only one chance from me. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ganda ko lang noh?!


9 comments:

  1. bien says:

    oo ganda mo.
    anoveh everybody deserves a second chance.

    trouble in paradise teh?

    wv:betched

  1. Alter says:

    @bien: hi ms. singapore. ;)

    if only everyone would understand that time could never be undone, nobody would ever think of committing a mistake assuming there will always be a second chance.

    and world peace. ;) ayus ka lang tsong?

  1. @bien, nemeyn, ganda ko talaga, magsorry mga ex ko. ahaha.

    @Jon, Obrigado Sao Paolo! chos! yes, im really super happy and contented. On a second note, It makes sense I gave my exes a second chance. They made me mature enough when I found my daddy nox at the right instance, and at the ryt tym. :D

    E kasi e2ng si Lady Gaga eh, lakas makapagpatakbo ng isip ko sa mga kanta nya. ahahaha.

  1. ganda lang. heto na ang hair brush. LOL

  1. Unknown says:

    Hai! Love is something that the world cannot solved.

    And once you love and get hurt mahirap na ibalik yun. Second chance for me, di ako fan nun eh..

  1. egG. says:

    sa totoo lang..

    after reading this post.. naiinggit ako.. kasi yun nga .. buti pa kayo naranasan nyo maging in a relationship..kung papano maloka sa buhay pag-ibig...

    aketch kasi hanggang dreams lang.. hiihihi...heniwey.. when trust once browken.. i think siguro sa susunod ingats na lang...

    hayyy super off topic naman aketch.. kumowment lang aketch ser ron.. :)

  1. iya_khin says:

    tumambling ako sa ganda ko lang!! wahahaha!

    but as for me...i'm weak..yeah i am...ewan ko ba...hmmp

  1. *clap!-clap!* relate much ako dito! napadaan lang;)

  1. Anonymous says:

    Ikaw na kuya Ronron! Hehe. Ikaw na ang maganda. Anong sinabi nung batang bumabasag kay Vice Ganda dun sa Petrang Kabayo. Haha.

    Once is enough, twice is a poison which will kill you.

    I would have to agree with you on the proposition that giving second chances is like giving the person another chance to hurt you. That would be foolish at the peak.

    - Joe