I Don't Remember the Movement of Your Tongue

Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 by RoNRoNTuRoN in
0

I remember the butterflies fluttering in my belly when, on our very first date, you sat down next to me on the bench in your house.

I remember the peacefulness that blanketed us as we shared a pancit canton at your creaky table.


I remember the emptiness I felt as I sat alone on the cold tile floor of my bathroom and realized you meant more to me than I to you and yet you chose a different path other than the one we planned to.

But I can’t recall the sensation of your breath hovering near my mouth. I don’t remember the texture of your lips or the movement of your tongue. When I close my eyes, neither a feeling nor a want stirs. And I have tried many times. But for everything that I can remember, your first kiss I cannot.


I am confused. It seems you are a stranger and I don't know you anymore.

I can only fool myself so much. And everything still hurts.

0 comments: